In a recent interview, Shah Rukh Khan said that, “My fame and stardom will be of no use if I found myself getting affected by the success of my contemporaries.” The 51-year-old actor shrugs when asked how hard it is to stay unfazed by the work of others after being in the industry for over 25 years.


[PS - This article is inspired from With No Money, No House, No Future, Parents Dead, I Did What I Felt Like Doing: Shah Rukh Khan]


Image Source: Google


What’s the point of having become such a big star, if you are still going to follow someone else? Or be worried by someone else, or think concerning someone else or match up yourself to someone else,” he asked.



Shah Rukh said – "Not out of pretentiousness or ego” that he has everything going for him, which is why he does not sense the must to look extra than his mirror.



I’m sure, I’m being audacious, but there are lots of people out there who say ‘wish we become Shah Rukh Khan’. I’m Shah Rukh Khan, so why should I be supposed to be someone else?


SRK stressed out in an interview with that when he joined the industry, he was a “nobody”.


With no money, no house, no future, parents dead, I did what I felt like doing. I had nothing to lose. Now I’ve everything. There’s one way to look at it is, Oh I have so much to lose,” he said. But there is another way of looking at all that he has achieved.



The other way is, ‘I’ve gained so much, even if I try to lose it, it won’t go missing. If we were so fearless when we had nothing, why should we not be brave in the same way in our faith and thinking in what we want to do, when we have everything going for us,” he asked.


The megastar thinks it is “silly” not to do what one desires for, especially for someone like him who has attained a confident status.


I’m not saying that ‘I’m a path-breaking guy and I will make public follow me, make them observe me as an example.’ No, I do what I sense like doing. I made the most luxurious film in the country ever, knowing completely it won’t recover the money. But I had to do it,” he said.


In the past two years, Shah Rukh Khan has made some alternative choices – from playing a psychological Fan as well as a renowned superstar in ‘Fan’ to doing an extended cameo in ‘Dear Zindagi’, a film that largely belonged to Alia Bhatt.


SRK said he is energized by the work of his contemporaries but sooner or later finds solace in what he wants to do. “My conviction is, if someone else has already done it, why do you want to do it? Go for somewhat else... So many people know me, have me on their minds, they’ve some good as well as bad things to say.



I can't take in and understand fully and live my life. As an artist, actor, husband, father and a star it has to be what I feel like in the first light.” Shah Rukh also said he does not watch a lot of movies as a person from a film industry is habitually bound to. “I don't watch films, my family has now put a condition that if I want to carry on as an actor, I have to watch two Hindi films in a month. They are like ‘but how can you not watch films? You act, make films, run a company, how can you not?” The family has made a list of films that he needs to watch, SRK added.


Shah Rukh Khan will be next seen as a vertically-challenged man in Aanand L. Rai’s upcoming film better known as “The Dwarf Project”. It also features Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma alongside SRK. The film is slated to hit the screens next year on Christmas.